It’s easy to shop together with friends and family with group carts. Create a group cart and share it, then check out when everyone’s ready.
Set up a group cart
In the app—
- Tap the Shopping cart icon
- Tap My Carts
- Tap Create a cart
- Tap Create a group cart
- Tap Share to share the cart link with friends
On the website—
- At the top right, click the shopping cart icon
- Click My carts
- Click Create a new group cart
- Enter the email addresses of friends to invite to your cart. (These must be the email addresses associated with their Instacart account.)
Join a group cart
Got an email invite to join a group cart? Just click Join Group Cart in the email, then log in to your Instacart account to start shopping in the shared cart.
Access your group cart
To access your group cart, tap or click the cart icon, then tap or click My Carts. You can switch between your personal and group carts whenever you’d like.
Anyone with access to the group cart can choose to check out and place the order using their account payment method. However, the payment can’t currently be split between cart members. For group carts with an Express member, Express benefits will only apply if the Express member checks out the group cart order.